Kudos to Moms



"We need to remember that the full commitment of motherhood and of putting children first can be difficult...There are moments of great joy and incredible fulfillment, but there are also moments of a sense of inadequacy, monotony, and frustration. Mothers may feel they receive little or no appreciation for the choice they have made. Sometimes even husbands seem to have no idea of the demands upon their wives...We want you to be happy and successful in your families and to have the validation and support you need and deserve." M. Russell Ballard, "Daughters of God," Ensign, May 2008, 109

A friend emailed this to me & I thought it was a great reminder. Being a "stay at home" mom is not glamourous by any means, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but with these little men. On days where I'm changing the 5th big poopy blowout, wiping pee on the seat before I sit down, or attempting to fold the room full of laundry waiting for me (because I'm sick of going through it to dress everyone) I try to remind myself that I'm not a slave, but I chose this way of life because its the best thing for our family...and especially our kids. (Not to mention where the Lord wants me now.) I'm far from perfect, but who would be better to them each day than their mom who loves them more than words can say?


So kudos to moms & especially all of you who have chosen to be at home with your sweet babes!! We may not get the praise of the world, but we are changing it by what we do.

3 comments:

swtelford said...

I LOVE that talk!!! Thanks for the reminder. I think we all need to hear those things and remember why we are doing what we are doing!

Janette said...

Thanks Em, I love that message. I am so grateful that I am able to be a stay at home mom too. Last night Boston woke up at like 2 am and I was complaining on my way to his room. When I opened his door and picked him up I felt so silly for complaining because my primary responsibility is to take care of him. I realized how sweet my job is and (also that I could sleep inn the next morning). It is great to be a mom!

melissa merrill said...

Thanks Emily...you don't even know how much I needed that. I seriously spent all day Weds. crying feeling like a failure with Lexi...long story. I am so glad you are my friend and a wonderful example to me as always!

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html