OR Part 3: Camping

Camping
Make yourselves comfy! I couldn't help but post so many pictures, there were too many to choose from! This was our camping trip with my family to Timothy Lake on Mt. Hood.

TNT knew exactly which campsites to get and we reserved the best ones early. Ours had its own little bench and place to launch the raft & swim. It was so great.

{Aidan}
This was his 1st trip camping in the great outdoors! He had a good time despite the fact that I wouldn't let him crawl around and eat dirt. He had fun riding in TNT's bike trailer and watching the kids run around. And of course Lucy took great care of him.

Photobucket


{The boys}
Its so fun that the boys are a little older and can play around without us having to worry about them too much. Ethan couldn't wait to jump into the freezing cold lake, and of course tried to get Trey to do the same...

Photobucket


Photobucket

{Ethan 1st fish}

About 1/2 hour after we arrived Travis took Ethan out fishing. Ethan was VERY excited to get in the raft and go for it. Next thing I know, they are coming back to shore with all of these fish! Ethan couldn't be more proud.

Photobucket

The next day Tanya breaded the trout and fried those babies up!

Photobucket

They were so yummy! Even Ethan liked them!

Photobucket

{Food}
And while we are on the subject, I think I gained about 5 pounds on this trip.

Photobucket

I'd never had baked apples with raisins, cinnamon sugar and butter before. My mom made them and they were SO yummy!

Photobucket

Mom also made a dutch oven cake that was super great too.

Photobucket

{The kids}
I love camping with the kids. Some of my fondest memories with my family were camping at Round Lake every summer. Days of just running around, swimming, fishing, eating, hiking, playing games, & making popcorn will not soon be forgotten.

This is Peter (my brother) & Mary's little guy Greyson. He's about 16 months old and is a funny little guy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

{Trey-boy}
Don't mess with Tanya! I can't remember what Trey did, but she promised she'd put him in the lake if he did it again...and guess what--yes, he did it again.:)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

{Little Lu}
Hold onto your lipgloss ladies! This sweet, fiesty little gal will steal your heart. Don't worry, I've got more posts and pictures with her to come. Here she is with her "bankie and baba".

Photobucket

{Aidan} Not so sure about the hammock at first, but after a bit he warmed up to it.

Photobucket

{Ethan}
Man I love this kid. He practiced "casting" (without a hook:) using his Spideman fishing pole for what seemed like hours. I think we'll be camping again soon if he has anything to do with it!

Photobucket

{My dad}
Its always great to spend time with my dad. One night he had us all gather around the fire for a little "fireside chat".

Photobucket

He's put up with so much from us kids over the years. What a good man.

Photobucket

{TNT} Love 'em. Together they created us a "home away from home" with everything they brought up. (Thanks guys!)

Photobucket

{The music} Peter & Travis

Photobucket

{Uncle Favie}

Photobucket

{Our little fam} Let's do it again next year everyone!

Photobucket

6 comments:

The Hansens said...

Looks like you had a blast! I remember camping a lot as a kid...I miss it! Your boys are adorable!

Heather said...

Emily- Are you impressed!!! My sister taught me how to comment (not like it was so tough!!) Anyways I am really missing you! But...it does look like you are having a fabulous time. All your pictures are really makin me want to pack my suitcases. Call when you get back!

Janas Bananas said...

I am soooo jealous! Looks like you had a great time. I think some of my fondest memories is camping with your family too...I love the Smiths!

Aimee said...

How fun! You are tough to camp "roughin' it" style. I was fine with it as a kid, but to be honest, I'm a little nervous about Girl's Camp. It's right around the corner and Tammy Reynolds and I are still trying to figure out how we are going to go 4 days without a shower. I will be taking A LOT of baby wipes. :)

BTW I think of you every time we drive past our future Winco. It seems to be coming along!

Tanya said...

it was a trip to remember.

Tanya said...

it was a trip to remember.

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html