Camera Coats: Soft Launch

{The Skinny}
In February of 2010 we took a family trip.  You know how that is...bags, strollers, carseats, blah, blah... Since we were flying, our hands were especially full.  I wanted to take my Nikon, but did NOT need another bag to carry onto the plane and didn't want to check my little bundle of joy. (Anyone nodding their head about now?:))

So, I went into problem solving mode. I had made a little fabric bag/holder/protector for Ethan's Leapster and decided my camera was more important...so I threw my camera in it, put it in the diaper backpack, and off we went.

It was life changing I tell you.  It was protected and it didn't have to haul another bag around!

I kept that little cover on my camera  (wearing it around my neck) as we went to the beach, the Magic Kingdom, and everywhere else.  I was in love.  My little "coat" protected my camera from the bumps of crowds, kids spills, sun, rain, snow, sand, and anything else that came my way.

Tanya wanted one.  And thus, began my journey with Camera Coats.


{Soft Launch}
I'm calling this a soft launch because I'm not quite ready to conquer the world.  I'm still working out some kinks, but I had to tell someone about my new, random adventure...and well, that's you guys.:)



{Giving Back}
One of my main missions with Camera Coats...and one of the things that is is driving me to bring camera coats to the world.... is because I really want to make a difference with them.  Not only to protect cameras, but helping as many people as I can while doing it.

I'm excited. Crazy?  For sure.   But I figure I'd never know what I could do unless I tried. 


{Cameracoats.com}
The website is up...barely, and the blog, facebook, and all of that good stuff are still underconstruction, but I really want to get this show on the road.  Its been over a year and 1/2 for heaven's sake. 

Want one?  Ah, that's lovely. 
You can go to the website now:


{Giving Some Away}
And you also know me...I'll be giving away some away too.  I have a bunch of "not quite rights" that I've collected getting the coat just right.  If you don't care that its not perfect, just go to the website: Cameracoats.com and "Like" me on FB via the facebook button.  Oh, and leave me a comment letting me which one is your favorite so far!:)

I'll be randomly picking some lucky people to be the 1st to have one!

Looks like there's no turning back.  :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the 3rd World Jacket! That fabric is beautiful! Do you have any left? Oh please, oh please!

Daisha said...

You're amazing Emily! Loved the one you sported at the reunion. Now if only I had a camera like that :)

Kendra said...

Oh my gosh how exciting!!!! Love them! I am going to check out the shop right now! :)

Lauren said...

I am totally digging the shabby chic one!

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html